Thursday, October 7, 2010

The legal wall

So… I am now working in a card game.

The game is pretty much playable now, and I’m during the phase of play testing. Played it with some friends the other day and discovered it has a lot of errors that made the game get stuck (Stuff like cards contradicting themselves).

Still, my game turned out to be a lot of fun. It flowed pretty good, and players didn’t have to wait very long for their turn even when there were about 10 of us playing.

Did it pass the test of fun? Yes. Is it long lasting? Hell yeah. We played it for hours on end and we never got bored, even with its obvious flaws.

Anyway… I tweaked around with the rules and all of the current issues have been fixed. Now I have to play test a second time to assure the stability and quality of the game.

I can say the development of this game is going pretty good. However, there is something that is giving me trouble, and that is patenting the idea for my game. I plan to commercialize this eventually, but without that patent backing me up its a given that I’m gonna get ripped off if I try to present it this way. Also, this makes it risky to test this game with other people. You never know when someone is going to steal your work.

In short, I need to patent my idea ASAP, but I have no idea how to do it. I’ve been poking around the net to find some information but it looks like there are many proceedings, with which I am not familiarized, and I find too confusing.

I would appreciate some guidance in this matter.

P.S. I’m in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment